Nicholas R. Scalera ('63) Scholarship
Award Amount: Variable
Submission Deadline: October 11
Program: Open to all programs.
Preference is given to students who: reside in Newark or Bloomfield, or are now or were previously under the supervision of the NJ Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS), or are graduates of Seton Hall Preparatory School and alumni of its Griffin Bridges Program.
- Demonstrate substantial financial and social need, consistent with the requirements associated with qualifying for the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP); and
- Resident of Essex County, New Jersey.
In addition, preference is given to students who meet one or more of three situations:
- Resident of Newark or Bloomfield; or
- Currently or formerly under the supervision of the NJ Division of Child Protection and Permanency (DCPP) or its predecessor agency, the NJ Division of Youth and Family Services (DYFS); or
- Graduate of Seton Hall Preparatory School and alumnus of its Thomas J. Griffin Bridges Program.
Awards range from $500-$5000. Applications may submitted to the EOP Office.