The Joseph and Carmen Ana Unanue Student Scholarship Fund
Award Amount: Variable
Submission Deadline: August 1
Program: Open to all programs.
Through a special gift, the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute at Seton Hall University is able to provide financial aid to selected students who show an appreciation of Latino/Hispanic culture, history, and/or community life. This award is available to incoming freshmen or currently enrolled undergraduate Seton Hall students for the Fall semester. Students may only receive the award once in an academic year but may apply annually.
- Incoming freshmen or students currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree-granting program at Seton Hall University.
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of Latino/Hispanic culture, history, and/or community life.
- Must have FAFSA form on file with Enrollment Services and demonstrate financial need.
- Must have a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA at Seton Hall University.
Write a two-page double-spaced essay demonstrating your appreciation of Latino/Hispanic culture, history, and/or community life. Be sure to reference the Latino Institute events you have attended. Please attach essay to the application form.
The Joseph and Carmen Ana Student Scholarship award will be given to selected students based on academic performance, involvement in the Seton Hall community, and financial need. Award notifications will be sent to all applications 4-6 weeks after application deadlines. Awarded funds will be credited directly to the student’s Bursar account.
- Award amount is variable
- Award renewal is available, not guaranteed, and contingent upon students maintaining a cumulative 3.0 GPA and active involvement in the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute.
- The award is contingent on mandatory attendance of two (2) Latino Institute events per semester.
Please complete the application form and return it to the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute. Application forms may be submitted via e-mail (LatinoInstitute@shu.edu) or mailed: Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute, 400 South Orange Avenue, Fahy Hall 246, South Orange, NJ 07079.
Contact the Joseph A. Unanue Latino Institute for additional application details at email@example.com or call (973) 761-9422.
Students my reapply annually for consideration.