Dr. Byrnes is nationally credentialed as a Certified Nurse Midwife through the American College of Nurse Midwives and the American Midwifery Certification Board. She has received Advanced Practice Nursing awards for clinical excellence and has special interest in the delivery of women's healthcare to underserved populations. Dr. Byrnes was invited to attend the United Nations 61st Commission on the Status of Women because of her interest and work to Stop Human Trafficking. Her publications and presentations focus on mHealth within homeless populations of young mothers, Quality and Safety Education for Nurses, interdisciplinary simulation education and historic aspects of nurse midwifery.
- D.N.P., Seton Hall University
- M.S.N., Columbia University, Nurse Midwifery
- B.S.N., Long Island University, Magna cum laude
- A.A.S., Essex County College
- Byrnes, M. (2016). Text4baby mHealth Program: Implementation and applicability within a homeless population of young mothers. The International Journal of Communication and Health, 8, 34-45.
- Byrnes, M. (2016). On the road with Saint Paul-Meeting Paul of Tarsus: Teacher of Nations. Retrieved from Seton Hall University, Center for Vocation and Servant Leadership, e-repository website: http://scholarship.shu.edu/catholic-studies/23
- Willyard, Cassandra. (Summer 2015) "Text Support: Young Homeless Mother Learn Critical Lessons in Prenatal and Infant Care Through a Texting Program Introduced by the College of Nursing's Maureen Byrnes." Seton Hall Magazine, 16-17.
- Text4baby mHealth Program, Community Health Fair, Newark, NJ, May 7, 2016
- Text4baby mHealth Program: Applicability within a crisis pregnancy program, Life Choices Resource Center, Metuchen, NJ, June 24, 2016
- Text4baby mHealth Program: Applicability within a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Educational Program, Seton Hall University-College of Nursing, PNP Residency Weekend, South Orange, NJ, September 24, 2016
- "Implementation of a mHealth program within a homeless population of young mothers-A White Paper." Covenant House Institute, April 2014
- "A Conceptual Model of QSEN: Faculty Resources Evaluation Tools."
Quality and Safety Education for Nurses, February 2014
- "A Conceptual Model of QSEN."
Quality and Safety Education for Nurses, March 2013
- "Sepsis in a Postpartum Patient - A Simulation Scenario for Inter-Professional Education." MedEdPortal, September 2012
- "Nurse-Midwifery in the United States." UJ Baba-Kalauz (Hungarian Journal of Nurse-Midwifery), 2(1) and 2(2) in October 1998, February 1998
- "Listen To Me Good....The Life Story of an Alabama Midwife." Journal of Nurse-Midwifery, 42(2), April 1997
- Seton Hall University-College of Nursing, "NCLEX-RN Boot Camp", Maternity Nursing Critical Thinking and Licensure Board Preparation, May 17, 2016 and August 11, 2016
- Seton Hall University-College of Nursing, "Academic Integrity: On-Line Graduate Nursing Residency Orientation", June 14, 2016
- Seton Hall University-College of Nursing, "NCSBN Detailed Test Plan and CNL Students", July 20, 2016
- Elizabeth Ann Seton Young Alumni Award, Seton Hall University, College of Nursing, 2014
- Catherine Denning Award, Seton Hall University, College of Nursing, 2014
- President's Faculty Award for Student Service, Seton Hall University, 2012
- Lester Z. Lieberman Humanism in Healthcare Award, The Healthcare Foundation of New Jersey, 2011
Honors and Awards:
- The Daisy Nursing Faculty Award, Seton Hall University-College of Nursing, October 5, 2016
- AWHONN Postpartum Hemorrhage Project Trailblazer Award, New Jersey Multidisciplinary and Regional Perinatal Simulation Center, RWJBarnabas Health, November 3, 2016