I have been at Seton Hall University since 1989 teaching a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate courses in 20th-century British and Irish literature, from research methodology and critical theory, to author and genre courses such as Introduction to the Short Story, British Novel III, Modern British Literature, Irish Literature Past and Present, and James Joyce's Ulysses. My recent conference activity includes paper presentations at International and North American James Joyce Symposiums at Cal Tech, Pasadena in 2011; Trinity College, Dublin in 2012; and at the 18th Irregular Miami Joyce Conference in February 2013, as well as presenting at the 15th Annual "Space Between: Literature and Culture, 1914-1945" Conference at DePaul University in Chicago, June 2013. I am interested in continuing to develop courses in Irish literature and in creating a minor in Irish literature for our students.
- Ph.D., Fordham University, 1988
- M.A., Columbia University, 1979
- B.A., Barnard College, 1978
- Susan Glaspell's Trifles and "A Jury of Her Peers": Centennial Essays, Interviews and Adaptations. Jefferson, NC: McFarland, 2015.
- Joycean Legacies . London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
- "'We have been abandoned here': Catholicism and the Priesthood in James Joyce's 'The Sisters' and Graham Greene's The Power and the Glory." Joyce Studies Annual 2014. New York: Fordham University Press, 2014. 119-142.
- "The 'Dark Power of Destiny' in George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four." Mosaic: A Journal for the Interdisciplinary Study of Literature Vol. 47, No. 1 (March 2014): 179-194.
- "Letters between Floyd Dell and Sherwood Anderson, 1920s." Making Modernism: Literature and Culture in 20 th Century Chicago. Dr. William M. Scholl Center for American History and Culture, Newberry Library, Chicago. 5 June 2014. http://publications.newberry.org/makingmodernism/exhibits/show/exhibit dellanderson
- "Orwell's Joyce and Coming Up for Air." Joyce Studies Annual, 131-153, 2012, February 2012.
- "Katherine Mansfield's Satiric Method from In a German Pension to 'Je ne parle pas français.'" Genre: Forms of Discourse and Culture Vol. 45, No. 2: 299-328, July 2012.
- Her America: "A Jury of Her Peers" and Other Stories by Susan Glaspell , Iowa City: University of Iowa Press, 2010.
- Susan Glaspell: New Directions in Critical Inquiry. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2008.
- "The Deracinated Self: Immigrants, Orphans, and the 'Migratory Consciousness' of Willa Cather and Susan Glaspell." Studies in American Fiction Vol. 35, No. 2: 131-158, October 2007 .
- Disclosing Intertextualities: The Stories, Plays, and Novels of Susan Glaspell. Amsterdam and New York: Rodopi, 2006.
- The Major Novels of Susan Glaspell
Gainesville: University Press of Florida
- Ritual, Myth, and the Modernist Text: The Influence of Jane Ellen Harrison on Joyce, Eliot and Woolf. Amsterdam: Gordon and Breach Publishers, 1998.
- International James Joyce Foundation, member
- Phi Kappa Phi, member
- Modernist Studies Association, member
- Susan Glaspell Society, President
- NEH Summer Institute Grant, “Making Modernism: Literature and Culture in Twentieth-Century Chicago, 1893-1955” at the Newberry Library in Chicago, June 17-July 12, 2013.