Dr. Wiedman advises the 3B Laboratory (Biochemistry, Biophysics, and Biomaterials). This lab studies the cell membrane and molecules that interact with cells/cell membranes using techniques from Analytical Chemistry (HPLC, Mass Spec, Impedance Spectroscopy, Circular Dichroism, and more!) 3B is also invested in the development of new molecules using both combinatorial approaches (using Peptide Screens, SELEX) as well as rational design (using crystal structural analysis, NMR, modeling). Furthermore The 3B Lab is actively training students and members in cell culture techniques (fungal, bacteria, mammalian) to help facilitate interdisciplinary work.
- Postdoc, Rutgers University Public Health Research Institute
- Ph.D., Materials Science, Johns Hopkins University
- B.S., Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania
- Preparing Future Faculty for Teaching (PFFT) Fellowship CIRTL 2014-2015
- IGERT Fellowship Johns Hopkins University 2011-2015