Afua is a board-certified Registered Nurse with expertise in the care of adults in acute care settings with diverse medical and surgical conditions including obstetrics and gynecology, orthopedic, breast, bariatric, genitourinary, vascular, gastrointestinal, cardiac, pulmonary with ventilated patients. Her specialty area experiences include medical-surgical nursing, progressive care, nursing, community and public health, psychiatry and long-term care nursing.
Afua has a passion for knowledge acquisition and sharing, and excellence in the nursing profession and healthcare in general. She believes her diverse experiences have prepared her to help educate future nurses. Her greatest joy is to see her students receive their degrees at commencement and more especially, getting to know that her students have been successful on the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and are practicing the profession.
She is a certified Adult Mental Health First Aid Instructor.
- Post-Master's Certificate Course in Nursing Education, Rutgers, the State University
- M.S.N. Seton Hall University
- B.A. in Nursing, University of Ghana, Legon, Accra, Ghana
- Diploma in Nursing, Korle, Bu Nurses' Training College, Accra, Ghana
- 2019 National League of Nursing Scholar.
- 2019 Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Gamma Nu Chapter) Doctoral Scholarship.
- Experiential Education Student Award, Seton Hall University Career Center, 2010.
- Catherine Denning Award, Seton Hall University College of Nursing, 2010.
- Member of the New York State Nurses Association.
- Member of the American Nurses Association.
- Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society.