After completing her Ph.D. at Yale University, Pamela joined the faculty of the Business School of Bocconi University in Milan, Italy and directed their MBA program. She has taught management in many countries including France, Spain and Switzerland, where she was most recently part of the faculty of Franklin University Switzerland. Pamela has been a Member of the Board of the Illy Coffee company, and has been on the executive team of two startups. She has held management positions in Italy's largest bank and has been a management consultant for several Italian companies.
- Ph.D. Yale University
- M.A. Yale University
- B.A. University of California, San Diego
- Adams, P., Fontana, R., and Malerba, F., “Linking vertically related industries: entry by spinouts across industry boundaries”, Industrial and Corporate Change, 2019, Vol 28 (3), pgs. 529-550.
- Adams, P., Bodas-Freitas, I. and Fontana, R., “Strategic orientation, innovation performance, and the moderating influence of marketing management”, Journal of Business Research, 2019, Vol 97, April 2019: pgs. 129-140.
- Adams, P., Fontana, R., and Marinoni, A. “More ‘Team’ than ‘Fame’: Spinoff success in the U.S. television sitcom industry”, Industrial and Corporate Change, 2018, Vol. 27 (6), pgs. 957-974.
- Malerba, F., Mani, S. and Adams, P. (eds) The Rise to Market Leadership: New Leading Firms from Emerging Countries (London: Edward Elgar, 2017).
- Adams, P., Fontana, R. and Malerba, F., “Bridging Knowledge Resources: The Location Choices of Spinouts”, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 2017, Vol. 11 (2) pgs. 93-121.
- Yu, J., Malerba, F., Adams, P. and Zhang, Y., “Related Yet Diverging Sectoral Systems: Telecommunications Equipment and Semiconductors in China”, Industry and Innovation, 2017, Vol. 24, No.2, pgs. 190-212.
- Adams, P., Fontana, R., and Malerba, F., "User-industry spinouts: downstream knowledge as a source of new firm entry and survival", Organization Science, 2016, Vol. 27(1): 18-35.
Her research interests include the management of innovation, entrepreneurship, industry analyses and strategic marketing. Her research has been published in Organization Science, The Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal (forthcoming), Research Policy, Industry and Innovation, the Oxford Handbook of Innovation Management, and the International Journal of Technology Management. She has also published teaching cases in the Harvard Business School case collection and in strategic marketing textbooks. Pamela's research has been presented at several conferences including the Academy of Management, and the International Schumpeter Society conference. Her research was also the subject of her TedX talk in Lugano, Switzerland in 2015.
- Stillman Researcher of the Year, 2018
- Stillman Research Achievement Award, 2017-2020
- Stillman Teaching Achievement Award, 2017, 2020
- University Research Grant, Seton Hall University, 2019
- Best Empirical Paper, Eastern Academy of Management, 2017