R.N. to M.S.N. Degree Bridge
The R.N. to M.S.N. Degree Bridge provides registered nurses (R.N.s) who have an Associate in Science (A.S.) or Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in nursing AND a non-nursing baccalaureate degree, with an option to pursue a Master's degree in Nursing (MSN). The professional role of nurses are explored in various health settings and community health nursing perspectives are the focal points of this program. After completion of the program course pre-requisites and the two "bridge" courses (11 credits), students can continue seamlessly into the M.S.N. degree tracks giving these RNs a unique opportunity to advance their careers as nurse practitioners or nurse administrators.
- Earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Proof of an A.S. or A.A.S. degree in nursing from an accredited community college
- Proof of current R.N. license in the state of intended clinical practicum sites
- Proof of at least one year work experience as an R.N.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on all college/ university courses completed prior to admission
- Satisfactory internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language scores (TOEFL), taken within the past five years, for applicants whose native language is not English. Applicants with a degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university are exempt. Scores should meet the following criteria:
- iBT score of at least 84
- Speaking section score of at least 26
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary colleges and schools attended. Transcripts from institutions not accredited in the United States or Canada must also be evaluated, course-by- course, by an organization that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers. (AACRAO)
- A personal statement reflecting program objectives and your personal and professional objectives
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (one academic and one professional)
- Application fee
Selected candidates will be invited for personal interview.
Program Course Prerequisites*
Applicants must complete, at any accredited college or university, with a grade of C or better, prior to acceptance into the program,
- Natural Sciences (including Human Anatomy and Physiology) 8 cr.
- English 6 cr.
- Liberal Arts 9 cr.
- Social Sciences (including Developmental Psychology) 9 cr.
- Statistics 3 cr.
- Nursing Research 3 cr.
- Basic Health Assessment 3 cr.
* There is no expiration on prerequisite coursework.
After meeting the program prerequisite courses, applicants will take the following classes in 2 sequential semesters:
- NURN 3001 Professional Nursing 1 (6 cr.)
- NURN 4017 Community Health Nursing Perspectives (5 cr.)
- Application deadline: November 1
- Online application »
You will indicate your intended M.S.N. program major in the application but you will also need to respond to the questions about the R.N. to M.S.N. Degree Bridge option. For more information email us at email@example.com or contact Gabriele Zengewald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-761-9583.