For the second year in a row, Seton Hall’s College of Nursing online graduate nursing program is ranked the top in New Jersey and third among all Catholic universities in the country.
U.S. News and World Report has once again recognized Seton Hall University as having one of the top programs in the nation for its Online Graduate Nursing Programs, ranking 27th in the nation in 2021. Seton Hall's College of Nursing has had the top-ranked online graduate nursing program in New Jersey and third among all Catholic universities in the country for the past two years.
For the 2021 edition of the Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs rankings, U.S. News stated "programs that score the highest are those applying educational best practices specific for distance learners" and ranked schools using the following rankings formula:
- Engagement (30%): In a quality program, aspiring advanced practice nurses can readily collaborate with fellow students in their classes and clinical settings. In turn, instructors are not only accessible and responsive, but they are also tasked with helping to create an experience rewarding enough for students to stay enrolled and complete their degrees in a reasonable amount of time.
- Faculty Credentials and Training (20%): Strong online nursing programs employ instructors with academic credentials that mirror those of instructors for campus-based programs, and they have the resources to train these instructors to teach distance learners.
- Expert Opinion (20%): A survey of high-ranking academic officials in nursing helps account for intangible factors affecting program quality that statistics do not capture. Also, employers may hold in high regard degrees from programs that academics respect.
- Services and Technologies (20%): Programs that incorporate diverse online learning technologies allow greater flexibility for students to take classes from a distance. Outside of classes, strong support structures provide learning assistance, career guidance and financial aid resources commensurate with quality campus-based programs.
- Student Excellence (10%): Student bodies entering with proven aptitudes, ambitions and accomplishments can handle the demands of rigorous coursework. Furthermore, online degrees that schools award judiciously will have greater legitimacy in the job market.
U.S. News & World Report's 2021 Best Nursing Schools guide also ranked the College of Nursing’s Master of Science in Nursing and Doctor of Nursing programs as top in New Jersey.
U.S. News & World Report's 2021 Best Nursing Schools guide also ranked the College of Nursing's Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) and Doctor of Nursing (D.N.P.) programs at #62 and #73, respectively, marking them as top programs in New Jersey.
"We are honored to be recognized by U.S. News and World Report for having one of the top online graduate nursing programs in the United States," said Marie Foley, Ph.D., R.N., dean of the College of Nursing. "Peers, employers, doctors and the medical profession as a whole have long known the value of a Seton Hall nursing degree. This ranking serves as a further acknowledgement of what great minds can do at Seton Hall."
The College of Nursing offers the following graduate programs online:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.)
- M.S.N. - Adult Gerontology Primary/Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- M.S.N. - Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- R.N. to M.S.N. Degree Bridge
About the College of Nursing
As New Jersey's first college to offer a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) program, Seton Hall's College of Nursing has educated approximately one-third of all New Jersey nurses and is one of the few universities in the country to be an approved College of Nursing for Army ROTC nursing candidates. U.S. News & World Report ranks Seton Hall University College of Nursing as one of the top online graduate nursing programs in the country. Offering educational opportunities from B.S.N. degree through the Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) and Ph.D., the College's mission is to educate baccalaureate-prepared generalists and advanced practitioners of nursing who aspire to be innovators and leaders in the nursing profession with a commitment to lifelong learning, service and leadership for the greater good of the global society.
Learn more about the graduate and doctoral programs offered by the College of Nursing.