Admission Requirements Second Degree Accelerated B.S.N.
To be considered for admission to this undergraduate program, applicants must submit a completed application and:
- A minimum of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution or WES evaluation (or equivalent);
- All transcripts from all colleges/universities attended;
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on all college/university courses completed prior to admission;
- A personal statement/essay about why you want to become a nurse (500 words or less)
- Two letters of recommendation
- A current resume (not required, but highly suggested)
- All ESL applicants to the accelerated 2nd degree program must have taken the TOEFL within the past 5 years unless degreed from a U.S. accredited college or university. Any applicant must achieve a total score of at least 84, along with a minimum reading section score of at least 22, listening score of at least 22, speaking section score of at least 26, and writing section score of at least 24;
Students must have completed the following program pre-requisites prior to admission:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I & II with labs (8 credits) *
- Organic Chemistry with lab (4 credits) *
- Microbiology with lab (4 credits) *
- Statistics (3 credits)
- Nutrition (2 credits) *
- Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- Ethics (3 credits)
*Grades for these courses must be a C+ or better and must have been completed within the last 5 years.
- Lakewood (Fall start only) – the application opens in November and the deadline for a completed application is April 1st.
- Nutley (Spring start only) – the application opens in February and the deadline for a completed application is September 1st.
- You can find the application on www.NursingCAS.org
Prior to enrollment in clinical courses, accepted students must complete Joint Commission and OSHA requirements for immunization, medical history, liability insurance, criminal background check and competencies including the American Heart Association Certification course for CPR (BLS for Healthcare Professionals).