Division of Student Services News Archive
- Faculty Leader Participates in Juneteenth Celebrations
July 01, 2019
Rev. Dr. Forrest Pritchett read the Emancipation Proclamation at Juneteenth celebrations in Morris County on June 8th.
- Introducing Text Alerts for IHS Campus Event
June 04, 2019
Text alerts now available to stay "in the know" about IHS Campus events.
- Class of 2019 MLK Leadership Scholars Graduate
May 22, 2019
Twelve seniors from the Martin Luther King Jr. Leadership Program at Seton Hall University graduated on May 20, 2019.
- Faculty Member Receives Servant Leadership Awards
May 14, 2019
Rev. Forrest M. Pritchett, Ph.D., has been honored with three awards for his lifetime of leadership in the community.
- Summer Internship Experience
May 12, 2019
Double Major Ready to Start his Third Internship.
- Fraternity at Seton Hall Supports DBSA
April 22, 2019
Alpha Sigma Phi hosted their first annual Miles After Myles event to benefit DBSA in support of mental health.
- Career Center Sponsors Spring Career Fair
April 10, 2019
Companies and organizations from across the U.S. joined Seton Hall at the Spring Career Fair on Wednesday, March 27.
- SHU Staff and Faculty Enjoy Campus Walking Tour
April 10, 2019
On March 28th, a walking tour of the historic South Orange campus was held as part of the Charter Day week of events.
- Julia Hussey Named One Love Unsung Hero
March 18, 2019
One Love recognizes Seton Hall student for Unsung Hero award.
- Nationally Recognized Special Advisor Appointed
February 26, 2019
With a public service and leadership background, Rev. Joseph V. Thelusca is committed to helping Seton Hall students succeed.
- Mentoring Program Matches Students with Alumni
February 20, 2019
Now in its ninth year, the Communication Honors Alumni Mentoring Program helps launch the careers of aspiring professionals.
- First Generation Student Achieves Internship Success
February 16, 2019
First generation student nearing graduation has participated in multiple internships.
- Time to Relax…and Build Your Network
December 20, 2018
Although winter break is a good time to relax,remember to take advantage of opportunities to build your professional network.
- Richard Hunter Discusses Polish Economics and Politics
October 25, 2018
On Thursday, Nov. 1st, at 6:30pm, the Slavic Club will present a lecture, "Polish Economics and Politics in 2018." by Professor Richard Hunter.
- Psychology Grad Joins the Police Academy
October 07, 2018
Kevin Sanchez, 2018 graduate, has entered the Police Academy in Orange County, Florida.
- Career Center Sponsors Fall Career Fair
September 13, 2018
Explore potential internships and entry or mid-level positions with over 125 employers at the fall Career Fair.
- Nutley Hosts Welcome Day Event for Seton Hall
September 10, 2018
Nutley is hosting "Welcome Day" with free food for Seton Hall's IHS campus on 9/21 from noon-3 p.m. in the park across the street.
- Nonprofit Intern Scholarship
September 05, 2018
For the second year, The Career Center awarded students the "Nonprofit Intern Scholarship."
- The First 56 Days: Fun, Festivities and Fairs
August 23, 2018
Welcome Week is loaded with great fun and activities for new and returning Pirates!
- Pirate Connect Expands Student Networking Opportunities
July 11, 2018
This new professional development platform that will allow students to virtually network with over 100,000 alumni worldwide.
- Road Trips to the "Real World"
June 05, 2018
100+ students participated in Career Center sponsored "Road Trips" to organizations around the metropolitan area.
- New Partnership For Off-Campus Housing
May 18, 2018
New and improved off-campus housing solution are now offered through Places4Students.com.
- Students Unwind and Relax with Therapeutic Horses
May 02, 2018
Ravi and Noble, two therapeutic ponies, visited the University Center on Wednesday, April 25 to help students manage stress.
- Pre-Med Student Panel
April 19, 2018
Three alumni and three undergraduate students shared their interests, experiences, and journeys towards medical school.
- Over 115 Employers Expected at the Spring Career Fair
February 19, 2018
Join us on Wednesday, Feb. 28 in the Athletic Center. Employers are looking for students from all majors and all class years.
- Health Services Response to This Year’s Flu Season
February 15, 2018
Health Services outlines several measures they've taken to prevent illness and to respond to cases of influenza like illness
- Celebrating African American History Month
February 08, 2018
Student organizations are planning various events during African American History month to enrich the cultural experience of campus.
- Communication Honors Alumni Mentor Program
February 07, 2018
The Communication Honors Alumni Mentor Program (CHAMP)begins its 8th year.
- Students Visit Formosa Plastics
January 31, 2018
The Career Center invited students to visit Formosa Plastics to learn about various careers in the plastics industry.
- MLK Scholars Honor Dr. King Through Community Service
January 11, 2018
In honor of MLK Day, the MLK Leadership Program invites the Seton Hall community to join in a day of community service.
- Winter Break Networking Tips
December 21, 2017
Check out these tips for building your professional network during winter break.
- SHU Senior Interning at Pfizer
December 13, 2017
Student leader interns with pharmaceutical company
- Math and Communication Major Lands Multiple Internships
November 15, 2017
Active Student Develops Professional Skills through Internships
- Nonprofit Internship Scholarship
November 02, 2017
This summer The Career Center recognized two students who completed internships with nonprofit service organizations.
- Recent Grad is On-Air Personality
October 19, 2017
Five internships and participation in CHAMP leads Siobhan McGirl to a career in broadcast journalism.
- SHU Speaks Brings United Shades of America Host to Campus
October 13, 2017
CNN’s United Shades of America host W. Kamau Bell will deliver incisive, scathingly funny commentary on modern society.
- Hosting Chinese Delegation on Emergency Management
October 06, 2017
Eighteen Chinese government officials visited the campus and learned about emergency management best practices.
- On the Road to the Music Entertainment Industry
October 02, 2017
PR student Brianna Bell has started off strong - already making her way to a career in the Music Entertainment Industry.
- Take a Professor to Lunch
September 25, 2017
This new program encourages students to treat their professors to lunch in the Pirate Dining Room.
- Connect with Employers at the Fall Career Fair
September 07, 2017
At least 120 employers participating in the Fall Semester Career Fair on Sept. 19, open to current students and alumni.
- Internship with the Department of Justice
August 25, 2017
Student interned with the Dept.of Justice, where he learned about the intelligence community and criminal profiling.
- Fall Semester Career Fair
August 10, 2017
Save the date for the first career fair of the Fall Semester: Tuesday, September 19, 5-7 p.m.
- Speaking of a Home Run - Networking at Yankee Stadium!
April 28, 2017
The Career Center recently took a group of students to Yankee Stadium to meet with sales professionals.
- Alumni Mentor Program Kicks Off 9th Year
March 01, 2017
CHAMP (Communication Honors Alumni Mentor Program) continues to pair top CommArts students with accomplished alumni.
- MSW Director Creates Teen Screens for Drug Use Risk
February 28, 2017
Professor Matthew Corrigan has created two diagnostic screening tools for the risk of drug and alcohol use among teens.
- Spring Semester Career Fair Takes Place on Feb. 28
February 16, 2017
More than 110 employers participating and they are interested in talking with students from all majors, and all class years.
- Student Completes Four Internships
February 10, 2017
Internships with four different organizations helps student develop a solid network in the sports industry.
- Holiday Networking Tips from The Career Center
November 16, 2016
The pros at University's Career Center provide holiday networking tips for students.
- Road Trip to Madison Square Garden
November 03, 2016
Twenty-seven students joined The Career Center on a "Road Trip" to Madison Square Garden.
- Two University Members Honored as National Role Models
October 20, 2016
Brandon Larmore and Yvonne Pruitt recognized as National Role Models at Minority Access' Annual Conference.