Education News Archive
- Ed.D. Candidate Appointed as Principal in Newark
July 16, 2019
Ed.D. student Maria Ortiz has been appointed as Executive Director of Student Life in Newark.
- Timothy Purnell Wins Many are One Service Award
July 12, 2019
Timothy Purnell, Ed.D. '08 is awarded the 2019 Many Are One Service Award.
- New Jersey Distinguished Clinical Intern and Cooperating Teacher Awards Ceremony 2019
July 03, 2019
Seton Hall clinical interns among the top future educators in New Jersey.
- Great Minds and Great Hearts: Alumna Gabby Bryce
July 01, 2019
Recent Education alumna Gabriella (Gabby) Bryce made serving others a hallmark of her Seton Hall career.
- Undergraduates Explore the Education System in Tokyo
June 10, 2019
EDST 3900/CORE 3882 students recently returned from an 8-day study abroad experience to Tokyo, Japan.
- A Passion for History
June 04, 2019
Vietnam War Veteran and Civil War historian Joseph G. Bilby '65/M.A. '82 has written 21 history books and 400 articles.
- Derrick Nelson, Ed.D. '13: A Life in Service to Others
May 23, 2019
Derrick Nelson, Ed.D. '13, recently passed away from complications of a bone marrow transplant donor operation to aid a child.
- Scholarship Brunch Will Celebrate Unanue Scholars
May 03, 2019
The Unanue Institute celebrates the accomplishments of past, present, and future scholars at Second Annual Scholarship Brunch.
- ELMP Professor Wins Book Award
April 24, 2019
Christopher Tienken awarded Outstanding Book by the Society of Professors of Education for Defying Standardization.
- History Professor Receives Carnegie Fellowship
April 23, 2019
William Connell receives prestigious 2019 Andrew Carnegie Fellowship to research Migrant Labor in Renaissance Florence.
- Ensuring Cultural Competence Among Behavior Analysts
April 17, 2019
This one day course explores how to navigate collaborative relationships with families in an age cultural variables.
- Education Community Showcases Diversity Initiative
April 08, 2019
Students, alumni, and international colleagues have been working tirelessly on their Diversity Initiative.
- "Revolutionizing Education" Speaker Series for CEHS
April 07, 2019
The Revolutionizing Education Speaker Series aims to revolutionize education to be more equitable and inclusive for everyone.
- EDST Faculty Presents at Two National Conferences
April 01, 2019
Bryan Meadows, EDST asst. professor, presented research at two selective national academic conferences.
- Spring Alumni Reception Celebrates True Servant Leaders
March 31, 2019
The College of Education and Human Services honored Christine Baker, Ph.D. '90, and late Gerard Babo, Ed.D. '01.
- "For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood…
March 20, 2019
Christopher Emdin, Ph.D., will lecture as the first guest in the new Revolutionizing Education Speaker Series on 4/2/19
- ABA Speaker Series: Assessing and Treating Feeding Disorders
March 12, 2019
Dr. Sean Casey, a national expert on pediatrics eating disorders, leads the next ABA Speaker Series event on March 21 at 6 p.m.
- Education Alumnus Publishes New Handbook for Superintendents
March 11, 2019
Patrick Darfler-Sweeney,'10 has published a new book titled The Superintendent's Rulebook: A Guide to District-level Leadership.
- ELMP Professor to Lead National Study
March 08, 2019
Tienken selected as the Lead Author by the American Association of School Administrators for nationwide study of the school.
- Psychologist Debbie Joffe Ellis to Host Workshop
March 07, 2019
The famed psychologist returns to the Seton Hall campus to discuss Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT) on March 22.
- Marriage and Family Therapy: A Stable Career That is Diversifying
March 04, 2019
The M.S. in Marriage and Family Therapy and Ed.S. in Marriage and Family Therapy are viable options for those seeking to pursue professional areas of psychology and counseling.
- Future Teachers Attend Professional Workshop
February 27, 2019
Department of Educational Studies (EDST) students preparing to serve English Learner (EL) students in future classrooms.
- Open House Features Marriage and Family Therapy Program
February 07, 2019
Seton Hall will be featuring the Marriage and Family Therapy Programs as part of its Graduate Open House on February 23.
- New Undergraduate Course Provides Students With Insights Int
February 04, 2019
EDST 3900, a new 3-credit travel abroad course, provides Seton Hall students with firsthand insights into Japanese schooling.
- 2019 CEHS Spring Alumni Reception and Awards Ceremony
January 26, 2019
CEHS Alumni are invited to attend the Sixth Annual Spring Alumni Reception & Awards Ceremony.
- Education Faculty Video Conference With Italian University
January 17, 2019
Faculty conducted a video lecture on education leadership in the U.S. with the University of Catania.
- Education Professor Ranked National Scholar/Influencer
January 09, 2019
Robert Kelchen has been chosen number 32 in Education Week's annual Edu-Scholar Public Influence Rankings of the top 200.
- Seton Hall University Hosts Graduate Open House On 2/23
December 19, 2018
Seton Hall University will host its annual Graduate Open House on Saturday, February 23 from noon to 3 p.m. in Bethany Hall.
- Students Dig Deeper in Ukrainian Diaspora Research
December 13, 2018
Students work with Dr. Jim Daly on gathering, analyzing, and displaying data on the Ukrainian Diaspora in NJ.
- Education Professor Awarded Grant from William T. Grant Foundation
December 12, 2018
Professor Robert Kelchen received a $204k grant to study how performance-based funding in higher education impacts youth outcomes.
- New Latino/a in the U.S. class to be Offered Next Semester
December 05, 2018
Professor Maisha Mitchell will be teaching a new course in the Spring about Latino/a in the U.S.
- Higher Education Career Development Seminar, A Success
November 14, 2018
Esteemed panelists in Higher Education professions shared with students insider knowledge on working in Higher Education.
- Pirate's Eye on Karen Grove ’95/M.A.E. '01
November 01, 2018
Karen Grove's involvement in the alumni community brought her back home to the hall as a professional.
- Giving Professionals a Global Edge
October 25, 2018
New online Executive M.S. program in international affairs and certificate in global studies offer career advancing opportunities.
- Seeking Nominations: The Hanbury Alumni Mission Award
October 22, 2018
Now accepting nominations for the Hanbury Alumni Award until December 21st!
- Dr. Alisa Hindin Writes Book Chapter on Early Literacy
October 05, 2018
Dr. Alisa Hindin Writes Book Chapter in Pivotal Research in Early Literacy
- Award-Winning Writer Sana Krasikov to Speak on Campus
October 01, 2018
Come hear to the true story behind an acclaimed writer Sana Krasikov's new novel, 'The Patriots.'
- Bryan Meadows Named to New Jersey State Advisory Committee
September 19, 2018
Faculty member, Bryan Meadows Ph.D., from the Department of Educational Studies will be serving on an NJDOE state-wide advisory committee.
- Counseling Psychology Doctoral Program at APA
September 19, 2018
Doctoral Counseling Psychology Students and Faculty Shine with their Commitment to Research Competence at the APA convention.
- Historian and Philosopher Will Durant
July 27, 2018
Will Durant was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom and a Pulitzer; he was a faculty member and a student at Seton Hall.
- Three Seton Hall Fulbright Scholars in Taiwan
July 19, 2018
The three Fulbright Scholars in Taiwan are Law Professor Margaret Lewis, Andrew Paulsen, M.A. ’14 and Dominique Fortes ’17.
- Alumni Spotlight: Future Teacher Awarded
July 02, 2018
2018 graduate and secondary education major, Emma First, is placed among top 15 Distinguished Clinical Interns of New Jersey
- American Legion Awards Alumnus for Lifetime Achievement
June 29, 2018
Richard Liebler '67, was recently awarded the American Legion Superior Lifetime Achievement Award for his work.
- Seton Hall Graduates 1,320 at the Prudential Center
May 21, 2018
Seton Hall University celebrated its 161st baccalaureate commencement; U.S. Treasurer Jovita Carranza delivered the address.
- Many Are One Honors CEHS Alumnus
May 10, 2018
Thomas Lloyd Smith, '96 will receive the School and College Service Award at the 32nd annual Many Are One alumni awards.
- Ed. Leadership and School Counseling Top Ranked
May 09, 2018
The online Masters’s programs in Education Leadership and School Counseling ranked among the best for 2018.
- Educating Next Generation's Environmental Reformers
April 26, 2018
Senior capstone students are working on various projects statewide to promote sustainability and environmental reform.
- A Conversation on Higher Education Accountability
March 27, 2018
Robert Kelchen, Ph.D. will discuss topics based on his new book Higher Education Accountability.
- How Seton Hall Helped Deanna Iovine Fulfill Her Dream
March 20, 2018
Deanna’s dream had always been to teach at a private school in Manhattan.
- Sport Psychology Students Sweep in Presentations
March 19, 2018
Students in the Psychological Studies MA program are to present their research at the NASP conference for sport psychology