Language Resource Center
The Language Resource Center (LRC) strives to promote excellence in language acquisition, proficiency in cultural awareness, and opportunities to use technology in a culture of learning and discovery.
- Language Learners Free tutoring in French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Latin, Greek and Russian by Seton Hall faculty is available through the Ruth Sharkey Academic Resource Center.
- Dictionaries, DVDs and books for language learners. Browse our catalog of foreign language reference material and DVDs »
- Software and web-based self-paced learning resources for language learners are available for most languages.
- Audio materials to accompany the John DeFrancis Chinese textbook series (Yale University Press) are available through the Language Resources Center. Read more »
Language Placement Testing
Information about foreign language placement tests to complete degree/core curriculum requirements or study a language can be found here »
Language Resources for Faculty
- Faculty may reserve the workstation area (Fahy Hall 202) or the screening room (Fahy Hall 203B) for small group work, class assignments or directed activities. Please contact the Language Resource Center to make a reservation.
- The Language Resource Center has hundreds of DVDs. VHS tapes, CDs, audio cassettes, books, and LPs available to the Seton Hall community in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese and other languages. Search the collection »
- Language Support in Blackboard and Email »
Policies and Procedures
- Screening Room Use
Guidelines for use of the Screening Room in Fahy Hall 203B
- Media Use Copyright and Checkout Policy
World language media check-out and use policy for faculty, staff and students.
Location and Facilities
The Language Resource Center (LRC) is located in Fahy Hall. The LRC was recently renovated and updated with the support of the Dean's Office of the College of Arts and Sciences and Teaching, Learning and Technology Center (TLTC).