M.H.A. Program Details
Flexible, student-focused and the only accredited program of its kind in New Jersey, the Master of Healthcare Administration (M.H.A.) degree program at Seton Hall University has been educating leaders in the healthcare industry for more than two decades.
We provide the essential experiences and courses that an M.H.A. student needs to understand the complicated, challenging and highly-rewarding field of healthcare management.
Our M.H.A. program focuses on six key areas of study referred to as learning domains:
- Leadership in the healthcare environment
- Management for healthcare leaders and professionals
- Analytical skills applied to industry challenges
- Critical thinking for a competitive environment
- Communication for effective relationships
- Professionalism and ethics
M.H.A. Program Director: Anne M. Hewitt, Ph.D.
We help our students get ahead in their careers. Whether our students desire an on-campus experience or prefer the flexibility of an "anytime, anywhere" approach to their education, we utilize state-of-the-art learning technologies and a highly interactive educational environment to support our current and topical curriculum.
- 42-credit full- or part-time program can be completed in 2 years for online and 2-4 years for on-campus students
- Choice of online or on-campus classes; students enroll in one format or the other, each offering the same CAHME-accredited curriculum and degree.
- On-campus program is distinguished by small class sizes and real life activities including simulations.
- Online program students, known as Learning Teams, come together, in person, three times to fulfill course requirements and for networking and developing professional skills (see M.H.A. Online Curriculum Information).
- Capstone experiences: the culmination of the program gives students four options to fulfill degree requirements and participate in an applied, résumé-building experience
- Students can get involved with the Seton Center for Community and Population Health, which partners with community health agencies focused on improving the health status of New Jersey residents.
- The M.H.A.'s home within the School of Health and Medical Sciences invites our students to interact with myriad health professionals.
Essential MHA Degree
An alumna of the Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) degree program, Ruqayyah (Ahmed) Khan '11, MHA '13, talks about her invaluable experiences in the program.
Our experienced and dedicated faculty understand the needs of adult and non-traditional students. We work closely with each student to help him or her meet the requirements of the program and his or her individual career goals. The M.H.A. program is home to an incredibly diverse set of students-a reflection of our metropolitan location, the accessibility of our online program and the ever-changing healthcare field.
- The only M.H.A. program in New Jersey accredited by the Commission for Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME)
- Students selected for prestigious fellowships and nationally renowned scholarships from the American College of Healthcare Executives and the American Hospital Association
- Strong affiliation with the New Jersey chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the New Jersey Hospital Association
- Membership in the Association of University Programs in Health Administration
Tuition and Financial Aid Information
Please visit the Department of Interprofessional Health Sciences and Health Administration for all tuition, fees and financial aid resources.