Skip to Content
Seton Hall University
Roommates in a dorm room.

Roommate Survey and Housing Application

Students who wish to participate in any of our Roommate Selection processes (either for new incoming students or returning upper-class students) must complete a Roommate Survey.  Before you begin, check out the page below for more important information regarding Housing processes.

Before You Submit Your Roommate Survey 

When You Submit Your Roommate Survey

  • SHU ID. You will need your ID number, which can be found on the back of your ID Card or in your acceptance letter. 
  • Starting Semester. Please select the first semester for which you would like housing.
  • Special Accommodations. If you need ADA accommodations, your housing application will be held until your request has been reviewed by Disability Support Services.
  • Meal Plans. All students who live in our on campus residence halls (Aquinas, Boland, Cabrini, Neumann, Serra, or Xavier Halls) must select a meal plan. You can change your plan at any time during the Add/Drop period. Learn about meal plan options and rates

Housing for Students with Disabilities

After paying a housing deposit and submitting a Housing Application/Roommate Survey, students who have a documented medical need for a certain type of housing accommodation should follow the procedures outlined by the Office of Disability Support Services.

Returning students must complete the Housing Accommodation Request Form and submit to DSS by February 28, 2017. First-year and transfer students must complete the Housing Accommodation Request Form and submit to DSS by May 30, 2017. 

Things To Remember 
  • Students must complete the DSS Housing Accommodation Request each year if they wish to continue receiving housing accommodations.
  • Requests for accommodations are considered based on need and availability.
  • Determinations are made by a committee of appropriate University Officials. 
  • Students will be notified directly after a decision has been reached.
  • Questions about costs and fees should be directed to the Office of Housing and Residence Life.
  • Students who wish to live on campus must be registered for a full-time course load of 12 credits, unless alternative arrangements have been made through DSS.
  • Students will be contacted by an administrator from the Office of Housing and Residence Life (HRL) to discuss the implementation of the requested housing accommodation. This meeting will occur after the DSS Housing Accommodation Request online form has been completed by the student and documentation has been received and reviewed by DSS staff. 

After You Apply  

  • Room Assignments. Your residence hall or apartment and your roommate(s) will be e-mailed to your SHU e-mail address and the address you provided on your roommate survey in mid-July. They can also be viewed on your Housing Profile on PirateNet. 
  • Billing Questions. Read the overview of housing billing, deposits and refunds
  • Cancel Your Deposit. If you decide to cancel your deposit, submit your Housing cancellation form. New incoming student housing deposits are non-refundable after May 1st and returning student housing deposits are non-refundable.

Start Your Survey Here »

Back to top