Housing and Residence Life is looking forward to welcoming you to your Home at the Hall!
Move-In Day is Thursday, August 26, 2021, for all incoming students.
Move-in day starts Friday, August 27th, for returning students from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Returning students are also welcome to check-in Saturday, August 28th, and Sunday, August 29th, between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
A limited supply of blue bins and carts will be available to assist with helping you move-in.
Below are helpful links to get involved and stay healthy on campus:
Students should directly report to their residence hall to check in.
Please read this prior to your arrival as it is important you complete the dashboard tag and label your boxes with your name, hall, and room number so our team of volunteers will know where to carry your items.
ID Card Information:
Please check your email from “SHU Campus ID Office (MyPhoto@shu.edu)” inviting you to submit your photo for your ID card. We encourage all students to complete this as soon as possible. This email has instructions on how to upload both your photo and a photo of your supporting documents through a personalized link. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residence Halls and Move-In Times:
We are expecting to welcome 1000+ residents on August 26th! Arrival times are staggered throughout the day based on the floor that you are moving onto. This will help keep traffic moving and fire lanes open. When you arrive on campus, security officers will direct you to the line for your appropriate residence hall. Since we do not want you to wait in the wrong line, please know your residence hall and have your dashboard tag available. Your cooperation is appreciated.
Fourth Floor: 8-10:30 a.m.
Third Floor: 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
First Floor: 12-1:30 p.m.
Second Floor: 1:30-3 p.m.
Boland Hall (Room Numbers/Move-In Times)
5000s: 8-8:45 a.m.
4000s/400s: 8:45-10 a.m.
3000s/300s: 10-11:15 a.m.
2000s/200s: 11:15 a.m.-1 p.m.
1000s/100s: 1-2:15 p.m.
900s: 2:15-3 p.m.
Instructions – What to Expect:
- On Thursday, August 26, 2021, you will need to have the Dashboard Parking Tag (attached) as your parking permit. Each student is requested to move in with ONLY one vehicle. Any additional vehicles will need to go directly to the parking deck.
- The guard will need to see the completed dashboard tag (please print and complete before arriving at the gate).
- You will then be permitted to proceed to your residence hall to unload your vehicle. If necessary, you may be directed to a holding lot until space becomes available in the unloading zone.
- When you arrive at the curb outside your residence hall, be prepared to unload everything from your vehicle and then immediately move the car to a designated parking lot, before moving your belongings into the hall.
- Seton Hall volunteers will be available to assist you with unloading and moving your belongings between 8:00am and 3:00pm. It is advisable to pack your belongings as if you will have to carry them in and up to your room. Please make sure all items are labeled with your first and last name, hall, and room number.
- There will be a limited number of hand-trucks available for use during move-in.
- Vehicles will be allowed at the curb for no more than 15 minutes. Unaccompanied vehicles violate Fire Code and will be subject to ticketing and towing. Therefore, a licensed driver from your party must stay with your vehicle in the unloading zone at all times.
- If you are traveling alone, we will assist you.
Tips for Incoming Students:
- Talk to your roommate, early and often.
- Reference our What to Bring/What Not to Bring List
- Check your SHU Email for updates regularly. HRL and other offices will start sending regular emails.
- If possible, pack just what you need for the first few months. Think of the space of the room.
- Remember, the SHUFly takes weekly trips to Target a local mall.
- If you are not from the NJ area, be sure to check local weather trends.
- Label your belongings during move-in with your name and room number.
- Let your parents make your bed and hang out for while on Move-In Day. Move-In Day is just as important to them as it is to you.
- Talk with your roommate/suitemate to coordinate what to bring.
- Bring nicer clothes in case you have a presentation for a class or a Career Center event.
- Check out upcoming events to get involved on campus.
- Utilize professor's office hours. You will get more one on one instruction and you'll build a relationship that could help for future jobs or internships
- Do your laundry in the morning AND during the week. Starting your day productive and you can guarantee an empty laundry room!
- Everyone is a potential friend so just say hi
- Don't be afraid to ask questions
- Be honest with your roommate about your needs
- Take pictures on Move-In Day with family/friends so you have them to look back on!
We look forward to welcoming you to your Home at the Hall soon!
Categories: Campus Life