As we start to finish the spring semester, Housing & Residence Life wants to share important information about summer break closing.
Our residence halls will close on May 19, 2022, at 10 a.m.
We encourage resident students to either leave 24 hours after their last final exam or by May 19th at 10 a.m. Whichever comes first.
To properly move out, residents must complete the following:
- Make sure the entire room (and bathroom if applicable) is cleaned and no items left behind. This includes any garbage or items that you no longer want.
- Residents can be billed for leaving a room in an unclean state after moving out.
- Forgotten items will be disposed of after May 20th. Dispose of all garbage to the dumpsters near your residence hall. Make sure all items are packed up. Check drawers, wardrobes, and behind furniture in case items fell behind.
- Remove all posters, wall art, etc. from walls.
- Please take extreme care of removing items. Please know that residents can be billed for damaged walls.
- Turn in your room key to the blue box in your residence hall lobby.
Each resident will receive a checkout envelope. Keys must be placed into the envelope and returned. If you lost your room key, please notify your Residence Coordinator or Area Coordinator. Failure to follow any of these steps can result in damage billing.
Students who have completed the late stay form or summer housing form should follow the same instructions and checkout based on their late stay or summer move over date.
If you have further questions, please contact your Residence Coordinator or Area Coordinator.
Categories: Campus Life