As a student in the Seton Hall University Fast-Forward program, I agree to the following:
- I accept that my ultimate success as a student is based on my own individual commitment to achievement.
- I accept that my continuation at Seton Hall University, and progression into the General Studies Program, is contingent upon me achieving a 2.5 GPA and completing 7 credits at the conclusion of my first semester.
- I will attend all required Fast-Forward Program events (i.e. study halls, tutoring, supplemental instruction, meetings, workshops, activities, etc.) in a consistent and timely manner. There will be 4 mandatory events I must attend.
- I will abide by all academic policies and procedures governing the Fast-Forward program and Seton Hall University, as found in the Student Handbook, Undergraduate Catalogue, and SHU Website.
- I will complete the Freshman Seminar Capstone project submitting all parts within the specified time frames.
- I will become acquainted with academic, social, and personal resources available to me in the Fast-Forward program and at SHU and make use of them, as needed.
- I will adhere to all instructors’ syllabi regarding academic work, due dates, classroom behavior, and expectations.
- I will not be eligible for Greek Life until after the successful completion of 2 consecutive semesters and at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Involvement in university clubs and organizations will depend upon those clubs’ policies and procedures.
- I will formulate academic & social goals in order to reach optimal lifestyle & career choices.
- I will maintain frequent contact with the Fast-Forward staff and my Freshman Mentor, and ask questions on a regular basis.
- I will be respectful of all campus property and personnel, including classmates, instructors, and administrators, and will adhere to all SHU rules and regulations.
- I accept that failure to meet the Fast Forward program requirements will lead to dismissal from Seton Hall University by the program directors. If I do not meet the program requirements and wish to return to the University at any point, I must attend an accredited institution and complete a minimum of 15-18 credits before being permitted re-entry.
In recognition of the above, I hereby agree to fulfill all obligations and responsibilities of the Fast Forward Program in my pursuit of academic excellence.