Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
In Seton Hall's chemistry, biochemistry and chemical engineering programs, you'll learn in state-of-the-art facilities and work alongside faculty on research that is changing the world — all starting your freshman year. For instance, you may find yourself studying the potential of light to treat cancer or how certain molecules can help fight epilepsy. Plus, since we're within 10 miles of more than 50 Fortune 500 companies — including large research and pharmaceutical companies — you'll graduate with a résumé filled with invaluable real-world experiences.
Additional advantages of Seton Hall's chemistry programs include:
- Benefit from facilities and instrumentations like a greenhouse, observatory, 500 MHz NMR spectrometer, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometers and much more.
- Enjoy the strong reputation of a program accredited by the American Chemical Society.
- Present your work at conferences across the country and even have your findings published in scientific journals.
- Earn a B.S. in chemistry from Seton Hall and a B.S. in engineering from nearby New Jersey Institute of Technology in our five-year chemical engineering 3+2 program.
- Intern at top companies like Merck, L'Oréal, Colgate-Palmolive, Johnson & Johnson, CVS pharmacy, Bentley Labs, ExxonMobil, Sun Pharma and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
- Receive a world-class education that prepares you for leading graduate and medical schools like Columbia, Duke, Harvard and Princeton.