Students who complete an undergraduate B.S. in Mathematics may complete the online M.S. in Data Science within only one additional year.
Data Science is a high-demand area. A data scientist is a practitioner who has extensive knowledge in the overlapping realms of business needs, domain knowledge, analytical skills, and software and systems engineering to manage the end-to-end data processes in the data life cycle. Such a practitioner is skilled in data management and processing, analyzing business and scientific processes and communicating findings for effective decision making.
The accelerated curriculum can be completed in five years to obtain the M.S. in Data Science degree within one additional year after completing the B.S. in Mathematics. During the summer before the Senior Year and the Senior Year, the students take 9-12 credits of graduate courses from the M.S. in Data Science that count towards their undergraduate requirements.
Program Admission and Continuation
- Submit the application for the M.S. in Data Science program during the Spring semester of Junior Year
- Meet the M.S. in Data Science admission requirements, except having completed the undergraduate degree program, with undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75
- Have Senior status (earned at least 90 credits) before taking graduate courses
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA in the pursued mathematics program before taking graduate courses from the data science curriculum
- Before taking graduate courses during the fifth year, fulfill all the requirements for admission to the M.S. in Data Science, including having earned the undergraduate degree.
Experience Seton Hall. Visit Us Today.
As one of the country's leading Catholic universities, Seton Hall has been developing students in mind, heart and spirit since 1856. Home to nearly 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students, Seton Hall is a place that nurtures compassionate leaders who are prepared to make a difference in the world.
Seton Hall offers all the advantages of a large research university - a national reputation; challenging academic programs; notable alumni; state-of-the-art facilities; renowned faculty; and extensive opportunities for internships, research and scholarship - with all the benefits of a small, supportive and nurturing environment.
The best way to truly experience Seton Hall is to visit us in person.